Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I'm back begging for you to WALK with me! Help me please!

For all those regulars out there who are checking in to see what adventures happened at the ONE house....You are not going to read the story how Lucy broke Stone's glasses with a toy wooden ring, even though that was part of our day yesterday. You are going to be scolded for not participating in a great cause! Some of you are lacking in miles and encouragement for us who are walking!

For the other new readers especially the April DTC group (name to be announced later) welcome to the ONE house adventures. So called because my kids call the house we live in the ONE house. True story. When we moved here 2 years ago my almost 3 year old could not understand that the house you live in were called home. We kept our last house as a rental and it is right by the school, so we saw it often. He still calls it home. We didn't have the heart to tell him that wasn't home anymore....actually he wouldn't change his decision. That was home and we live in the ONE house. It goes on and on as Bart's flat in Germany ended up being theTWO house. But that is the short end of the story! I am on another mission....MILES!

Please check out the Walk with me to China site. Here you will find all the latest walking funnies and facts. I have to give special thanks to Stacy and her Trek through China. She is helping by adding her miles to my (way over my head) goal and I am having fun learning things through her site! She also pushes me through support to get out there and get walking!

As the crow flies there are 6862 miles from the ONE house to Beijing ( just a good point to pick). We are getting a little closer with every step. This was originally started to get family and friends involved with the excitment of the adoption. Also to get out there and start living healthier.

Send me messages, support, MILES, anything through e-mail jennvandeven@yahoo.com or comments! I need all the help I can get! You are also welcome to send any pictures of your walks or things that might help motivate and I will (with permission) include them with a special thanks. I am blessed with so many things and I love to share it all!

I am on the road to get my KATE! Join me!!!!!!!!!!

I actually drive by this road almost everyday. It is a great reminder of what road our family is on! All in due time we will get there, and she will come home to the ONE house!

1 Comments:

At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenn,
I ran 2.5 miles yesterday, and 3 miles today. I assume it is OK to run as well as walk to China! Since I do something of the sort most days, I'll keep you posted.

Beverly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home