Saturday, April 22, 2006

Can't leave home without it: Part 4

Lucy is known to tote around a lot of things at various times on all our outings, but this is an absolute must have item:

HER BLANKET...

Thanks to Grandma Millie this one is "carry size". She has another for sleeping that is bigger and covers her up perfectly for now. (They grow to fast). Her Blanket gets really, really dirty and helps to wipe runny noses and other such things in a pinch. It however has never been left anywhere. I can say this and not be worried something will happen because, Lucy always remembers the things she has and is good about reminded us what she/we forgot. She's got good "wife and mom" skills.

I had orginally planned to add her pacifer (pacy) but for the past 2 nights and 1 day I have been through screams and withdrawls. It all started with the last one going to work in Daddy's truck on accident (So he says). We made it through the night without it, so I was not pulling it back out. She only has asked for it 2 times since that night. She is very grouchy. Cries, screams, hits, kicks....So, really there is no difference! HA! Actually the evil little girl, we created with love and care has become more evil due to Satan's hold over her addiction. I keep thinking there is a cut off time period that becomes easier. This is my only hope. I have also noticed how much she really talks and sings. ALL THE TIME (when she is not crying)! If I have to have one more conversation about Stone falling in the yucky water I am going to think hard about popping that thing back in her mouth! She even created a song about it!!!! But through it all, (MY TIME TO ME PROUD OF ME!) I have been pretty calm and cool. I have not yelled, screamed, or used any light (or any for that matter) physical actions. I have prayed A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today she is happy and singing, NOW! Give her a few hours! Like any addict it comes and goes. As we get further away, the one worry I do have is one of the 3 missing pacies that I have searched for high and low for hours on end to shut her up, will be found by mini-me. She will be smart enough to go hide and get her fill before she comes to show me her prize find, and I will know it by the silence! Posted by Picasa

Walk to China updated!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home