Friday, April 14, 2006

Mommy and baby try to steal our stroller right out of the garage!



Today was supposed to be a "no-adventure" kind of day.
And then mommy snake and baby snake changed all that!!!!!
Dante came in talking about a snake in the corner. I wasn't too concerned, since he was not freaking out. You see, Dante is afraid of bugs, frogs, snakes, worms, fish, snails, slugs.... a lot of things!!! So I go out to conquer the snake. I feel brave enough to handle this. Bart is on bedrest due to his current medical condition. I look and look and ahaaa, I see something. I am not brave, but our neighbor James is outside and I know he is.
I have this picture to prove it. Yes, that is him in the tree, cutting down limbs! Brave or Crazy!





So he comes in and rescued me from......A STICK! whehhh, that was a close one. He leaves with out making fun of me and even says to "holler" if we need any other help. I have the best neighbors. Then I go in and accuse Dante of being silly, and he explains in better detail what corner to look in. I look, and sure enough....a BIG snake under the stroller, and then I see hidden in the stroller another smaller snake. Okay now we have MOMMY and BABY! I send Dante to fetch the brave neighbor, but he is not home. Panic and then strategy. Here was my best plan: we stand guard for a few minutes in hope that he just went to get gas for the mower he had just pulled out. No plan B needed, he returns within a few minutes. He comes over as a few neighbor kids gather, his wife (who is also super), and the babysitter (her son) Nick! I feel safe now. He wrestled with the mommy a little longer then the young 'un, but he won and now they are living in the field and not under our stroller! Okay so I wasn't so brave, but I do have to say I handled the situation without complete mayhem breaking out. Even the brave nieghbor called mommy "healthy" (boothill term for OH MY GOSH, THAT SNAKE IS HUGE!).

The pictures shown include the mommy in the corner, James and Nick both holding the stow aways, and then a neighbor (Not scaredy Dante or Lucy) getting to pet the mommy Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home