Monday, April 10, 2006

Stone's debut!

Yesterday was the beginning of Holy Week. Palm Sunday. The "little children" at church sang at both 7:45 and 9:15 service. The first service Stone was so cute. He smiled, sang, (THE BUTTERFLY SONG, one of my favorites growing up!) and waved his hand that did not have the palm.
The second service he was placed on the steps and the whole time climbed up three.....jumped down three....climbed up three....jumped down three. One of the little girls kept getting bumped, each and every time. Poor thing, she just stood there and took it, with a look of irritation on her face! You can see him in action (turned around) in this picture right next to the purple pulpit drapery.





Every since our dossier was sent to China I have been in a "funk". Which really suprises me, and then again not. I will explain... In my past I was a very unhappy, grouchy, mean, evil, bitter, spiteful, selfish...(for those who know me personally, feel free to add you own adjectives silently here). Recently that has changed. I have learned to have a better outlook on life. I find blessings now. I wait things out before getting angry to see the benefits even bad things have. I "try" not to rely on other people to bring joy to my life.... This past 4 days I have been fighting being that person again! Being a Christian I am not supposed to feel this way. I battled emotions that were a direct hit from my husband, my kids, money, the weather...complain, complain, complain. That is exactly what I did not want to do, so instead I had a really bad 4 days! I needed help, but felt that selfish, so did not ask. I was hurt, but did not express it, because that would be complaining. I was overworked and bored at the same time, but felt guilty for not being thankful for what I had. It is soooo tempting to list everything I wanted to happen and didn't, as well as all the bad things that happened. Why? So I can mull in negativity? I stumbled this past week, but I am going to WIN this battle. I am not going to look back (except to know that our DOSSIER IS IN CHINA!!!). Being a true Christian all the time is very very hard!

But good does always happen. Bart, thanks for the hard work on the basement. The trim is looking very nice. Don't you all think so?
The bathroom is close to being done. Pictures to come soon.

Both Kate's Quilt and Walking to China have been updated a little, don't forget about the miles needed... and fabric squares, please! If you need an address let me know.

Now I am going to get really bold and ask for one last thing. Last night while trying to watch my favorite show Reba (Sunday nights are a whole hour of reruns on the WB), Reba asked Van, her son in law to pray with her. He cracked me up with his reply, "TO GOD?". But willing did... If you get a chance build me up through prayer. I don't need the corvette Van asked for, just a little strength! (And if anyone taped the last 10 minutes of the show, I would like to actually see how it ended!) Another LONG story, but no complaining, right?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home