Monday, April 03, 2006

Now I see him, now I don't!

What an exciting adventure the ONE house had yesterday! Bart had fast pitch softball practice. Which I thought he did excellent. I know he really is not super thrilled to be playing again, but the kids were soooo happy to see him out there, and Dante had a great time practicing too! It is hard to hit with a 4 year old heckling you, though!

As Bart and Dante continued the practice Lucy, Stone and I walked over the bridge to the playground we played at just the other day. It was really nice to be right at the same spot. Immediately the water called them. They had such fun throwing things last time. I was snapping pictures. Notice the ball field and players in the background. That is Bart and Dante. Also notice the 3-4 foot drop to the water! Because as I was taking pictures, I looked down at the camera.....pointed it back up and Stone was GONE! Immediately followed by screaming........from both a very, very, very wet and scared boy and a frantic sister yelling MY STONIE, MY STONIE!!!! Mother's instict kicks in, as well as the lifeguard in me (even if it was a small creek, it was still a body of water). I slid down the wall and found the actual creek to go well up over my knees, and slippery! I first worry about broken bones, and hyperthermia (it was a little chilly). Then I wonder how am I going to get up. By this time...Bart is running over...(like the Knight in shining armor that he is) and without thinking jumps in too. Okay, so if a 4 year old in the creek isn't funny enough....now, both his parents are knee deep in "yucky" water. I asked him what he thought he was going to do. Don't get me wrong, I felt so loved and cared for that he runs over ready to rescue us, but was he going to carry us both out? Bart tells me Lucy by this time was throwing things in the creek again. I guess she either felt secure that Mom has things under control or knew time was short at the creek and wanted to get as much fun in as she could. I was able to get a grib over the slim and walk on some exposed rocks that were near by. (Thankfully Stone missed these!) And walk up stairs that are in the middle of the wall, obviously for crazy mothers and hysterical kids who fling themselves into the creek!
I stripped him of his wet shirt and covered him in the love of my hoodie! Bart was able to save Lucy from an inevitable repeat, and my camera! And thanks to a wool navy blanket of Bart's grandpa Simmons that I put in Bart's truck just for instances like swimming in a creek, Stone was stripped of all his wet clothes and wrapped in warmth.

Once I found him to be out of immediate danger, my body relaxed a bit. He still was very verbal about his wet shoes and yucky water! Any other kid would have relished in the fun of "falling" in, but Stone is Stone and tramatic this was! He is now convinced that the once crocidile infested creek has NO CROCIDILES!!!!! There is no doubt he lost his balance while throwing a handfull of rocks. I only wonder if he didn't react and use his God given water jumping talent we've all seen, thankfully preventing any major injury! His hair was completely dry! Praise God no one was seriously hurt, or eaten by crocidiles!

So I take the rescued victim home to get "better" clothes and Bart stays to play ball in his wet shoes and socks.

And I sit here a day later, amazing you that life could really be this crazy....wondering what to expect today! Posted by Picasa


Added 4-6-06: Check out the rock/grass throwing picture from park meditation post. This is the same spot he fell into the creek. It shows the rocks he missed, the same rocks I walked us to safety on.

1 Comments:

At 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stone and miss Lucy, Please be careful we miss u all very much. love gramma and bumpa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home