Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Update...what are we up to!


For those of you who did not attend Church at St. Paul this week...Yes, Lucy went dressed as Pippi Longstocking. Thanks to My friend Sarah who adorned her with bows when I was gone ( see picture on the right). Now, Lucy insists on more then one or two. I thought I might get some out before leaving and it was not worth the fight. One mother, in the nursery even complimented me on the "cute idea".




Open house time...back to school time. ONE more day for Dante and Stone to be on summer vacation. We plan to head to the pool today. Dante's open house was very nice. His class size is about 24..not bad. There are computers for each child in his room. Some of the 4th grade classes have these. He was over the moon happy to be in a class with computers. I even took my camera and forgot to take a single picture. I was just so excited for him. He has a neighborhood buddy in his class that I really like. Now, parents are not supposed to judge and have preference over friends, I know. But in reality we do, and this kid I like. DAnte's alert (gifted program) is across the corridor. He won't have to be bussed this year. That is nice! He only gets one recess. He is growing up! I am happy about this though in some ways. I am very excited to be in the stands watching him play (seasonal sport added here) and watching him do what he loves to do! At this age it is not sport...it is fun. Soon the real deal starts and he becomes an athlete not a "ball player"! Oh, were we talking about school.....one in the same with Dante. Thank you God, for giving Dante the gift of intelligence. I don't have to worry about him falling behind there....to some degree, at least.

Stone's is tonight and will be fun I as well, I am sure. You get a preview from this picture (left) that he took on Firday when we were there to sign papers. He has to have papers for the state signed on how many minutes he is in school, since it is "special". Every little bit has to be documented...making teachers jobs even more difficult! He is increasing his minutes this year. He is going to be going 5 days in the afternoon, rather then 4 days in the morning. He is in the same room, with the same GREAT teachers. We are so lucky to have found this program with such great people involved. I really like his teacher, as a teacher, a mom, and I also a friend. Most times I try to detach friendship with teachers. Having a sister-in-law who is a 2nd grade teacher, I understand some of the hardships she deals with when it comes to parent relationships. But this time it just could not be helped. Her husband is also a big football coach for the kids and Dante was so excited when he came up to talk to him at sign-up. He said he was watching out for Dante to be there! Confidence booster before he even gets his pads on...which might not happen if this darn poison ivy never goes away. Zanfel is what everyone said would do it...we are trying...slowly it seems to be working!

Last night Bart started the basement again!!!!
Drop everything....Drop ceiling coming in!
A very kind co-worker of Bart's had done it before and came by to start him off. They had over half the room done and Bart stayed up to work more on it last night! I am so proud. With one room done, now just 4 and 1 monster of a room left to go! He is back to work... using his hands, blood, and sweat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home