Sunday, August 13, 2006

Moments like these!

I have moments like this one with the kids every so often. They are moments when there is nothing, I mean nothing that could make me happier at that moment. Everytime I get one of these moments I tell myself (in my head) "DON'T FORGET THIS MOMENT". Of course I can't tell you specifics of many of these moments...because I have a horrible long-term memory. One was when Lucy was sitting on my lap, looking up at the Christmas tree (age 1) for the first time! Priceless.

This time I have pictures.

The local Library had a reading summer program and Dante was an active participant. Stone and Lucy LOVE the library and the ladies that work there are so nice to us. We recieved 3 passes to the summer movie. The theatre plays a special movie each week for a discounted price throughout the summer. The final week was Curious George. I figured if I can fly to Germany with 3 kids solo.....we can surely do the movies. At first it felt the same...with the popcorn, (my
snowcaps, that Lucy devoured throught the movie) and soda for each child, blanket, extra juice for Lucy, Big Curious George, Little Curious George, and my purse (BAG).








We made it in and the moment hit as they sat there waiting, eating, smiling, giggling! Lucy loved the movie in the beginning, and though she bored somewhat stuck out the whole thing. Stone, who if you remember saw this with Bart as his first movie was sooo excited and too bored, but stuck it out. He even told me soda was his favorite??????? Dante...even at 9 loved the movie. As he should have it was really good. He did not want to admit it though...to keep his macho image. (Football signups were the following day. If the word got out, he'd be ruined.)









As we leave the theatre...it is "potty" time and chase the kids in the large PLAY AREA. Once we came out of the bathroom the sky broke loose. It was not rain, it was worse then rain. It was crazy. We waiting only a little while realizing we had to meet Bart with houseplans. We ran....and were all completely soaked. Stone had fun til he realized he was going to stay wet and then he cried, but only after he consoled his wet friend, Curious George. Lucy was rotten and soon fell asleep....YEAH! Dante was a trooper help out of course!



The end of Summer. I love this time to share memories with the kids and they each get a year older and further away from "my babies".
That is the part that tears me up...

1 Comments:

At 4:52 AM, Blogger Polar Bear said...

You are building a new house on the street China Blue?!!?!

Love the picture of Stone and Lucy sleeping with George, too cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home