Monday, July 24, 2006

Road trip!

13 ½ hours later we have safely returned home. Dante is safely at camp……5 ½ hours away! He was so sooo excited. He started packing (himself) Thursday of last week!

We supplied the kids with movies and “games” for Stone. They were all really very good for being on a 13 hour road trip.

Dante…..ran ahead of me when he go to his bunk house. When we walked in there was a black counselor!!!! I was so thrilled for Dante. He was the only black boy (Bart says he saw one girl). This normally isn’t a problem, but we always see it. We have to. It is part of who we are and who DANTE is! This counselor was perfect. He had an ipod and was following Dante and kidding him right off! I could tell they hit it off. God is good! I only can pray and hope he will be a positive role model, both as a CHRISTIAN, and as YOUNG BLACK MALE. This already looked good to me!



So we drive off, no tears….except from Stone and Lucy who can’t stay and sleep (see picture of them pretending to do so) in the stinky boys bunkhouse. And 30 minutes later I spot his bathroom bag. Deodorant, shampoo, soap, toothbrush…. After a couple more miles of debating what to do, Bart turned around and we headed back. I placed it in his bag in the bunk house as he was out doing “activities” already. We did see him, but he didn’t see us! No STINKY Dante this next few days, at least on our part! He has to do the rest.
Dante's home for the next few nights! FUN!


On the way home, Lucy started in with the “He’s loves the whole world, YES HE DOES!” song that she learned at VBS. She asks if it is okay first, but that is only because she YELLS it! So she is singing/yelling and Stone is asking her to stop, please. He even says to her that she is hurting her ears. After the negotiations do not work, he says, “MOM, hit his (remember all people are his) leg!” It was funny. Then I catch him “eating” the video controller cords and tell him I’ll hit his leg… He says back…,”You’re too far away!” Since he is in the backseat of the van and I am in the front. I was tempted to show him I can undo my seat belt and get back there, but I opted for the laughter at the CUTE remark. And all this time Lucy is still yelling.

2 Comments:

At 3:47 PM, Blogger Polar Bear said...

I hope Dante has a wonderful time! I bet it is quieter at the One House today.

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Dawn and Dale said...

Sooo happy for Dante!! What a great God we have! Dante seems to have found his "perfect" camp councellor!!

Have a good week! (I'd be a mess!! lol)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home