Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The Red, White, and Blue.




Happy 4th of July. This Holiday has never been a favorite of mine. Many reason.....Just one.....I am afraid of fireworks of all kinds and always have been.

This year I realized I was never looking at the 4th of July as INDPENDENCE DAY. A day to give thanks for the freedom we have and the people who have been involved in making this happen.

It is really not about Hot Dogs, fireworks, and a few drinks. It is not about the day off for the American work force (most anyway!), camping or picnics in the park.

But for the one house, I am sure we will have these....a cookout and swim at the farm...Fireworks either at the city park or the campground....and I am sure a few drinks for Bart with his day off.

It is just in a different light I see these things done, looking forward and not back.

Only 3 Days Until Capt. Jack!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home