Monday, June 12, 2006

A weekend full of treasures (or junk, depending how you look at it)!

This is Bart compliment's of Stone. It really is the best picture to descirbe our Saturday morning. Ou neighborhood had a planned garage-sale day. It was hot but so were the deals!

This first buy (along with some Mickey Mouse Dominos) was a score for me! I was just looking through my black and whites from Paris and planning to put them up somewhere! This will fit in perfect! And only $3. Dante scored a Missouri sweatshirt, and a cardinals tank top. He was a happy boy, even though he is suffereing from a skate board accident (Sorry, aunt Jaime no pads were on.). He was lectured for that. He also went to a buddy's house for a sleep over Friday and was a grouch all day Sat. The steriods have completely cleared the poison ivy (thanks Stacy for asking), but they also have an effect on his mood and sleeping or lack there of. I just assume this is my taste of teenager stuff!


The princess was spoiled. I saw this and walked right past it because we already bought many what I consider big ticket items. I also saw her and Bart heading towards it. Bart was surprised I had passed it up. Really I wanted him to decided. Of course, his princess now is equiped with her own make-up table. She has definately gotten the $5 out of it with her new Barbie head and hairdryer too!

The fred-flinstone car can not be shown...it is still in the truck. A cute air ball toy and a big little tykes playground were also purchased early forcing Bart to walk back and get the truck!

LADY BUGS! I really did not want to go lady bug crazy for Kate. Lady Bugs are a symbol of Chinese adoption. Lucy had a bug room and theme and before she was born we often called her Lucybug. We already have some lady bugs....

I guess I just couldn't help it. It is contagious to see other adoption Mom's with thier Lady bug stuff...It is just so cute and a great connection. I figured the 2 outfits (one smaller and one bigger) and sunglasses for less then 2 dollars is GOOD!

Lots other little things were found and stashed in the stroller basket! We had a blast. Even though it was HOT! Lucy walked the last 1/2 mile pushing her new (to here) lawn mower to be just like mom and dad!

And from there we went to the Health Fair at P&G (Bart's work) and scored more free stuff! We love the fairs his company does. They are good family fun. We did not get a chance to wear the beer goggles and drive the golf-cart. Had Dante been there he would have. Bart made Dante's buddy from basketball and baseball do the worm in the middle of the plant when he saw him. Josh didn't hesitate to show off his talent! I wish I had a picture of that! We were able to eat there and stay right on track with our allowances, which was nice. The kids were able to play in a tunnel (as if it were not hot enough already!). This is to advertise the "kids be fit" program. Very cute. Stone tried it once...can you guess what a fiasco that was! Maybe it would be different now.

So how do you end a hot day. SWIMMING at the farm. The kids had a blast and scaredy LUCY even ended up in the pool and was kicking and swimming without holding on for dear life. She was actually jumping in (taking a step and falling in really)!

Playing catch up Sunday with getting addresses ready for my new hobby, basement work, Bart's new project plans, kept us so busy! Basement about to it's last step before final trim paint, ceiling and carpet.

So on that note...I have even more to do today!

Oh, Grandma's house was cleaned out SUNDAY! WITHOUT ME! Mom even called me to tell me I would have a hay-day and that Bart would hate me if I were there. Like I say, some people's junk is another's treasure. I was told that besides the bedroom antique set of Uncle Sam's I also was given the other 2 dressers I said I would take, a twin bed, and a stardust clock. SCORE!

CAN YOU SAY GREAT WEEKEND!

The basement needs to get finished just to have a place for other's people's junk (MY TREASURES!)

2 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Blogger Polar Bear said...

Wow! What a great weekend! Lots of great deals. I LOVE the ladybug outfits. The make-up vanity it too cute, especially with the little blonde sitting there!

 
At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how bad of a skate board accident??
do i need to come to Missouri and duck tape pads on? i hope you will be back on your skateboard soon big "D".....with pads on!! lu ya, aunt jamie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home