Wednesday, June 07, 2006

June 6, 2006

The world did not end yesterday. 6-6-06. But what did you do on this date that was made such a hoopla day in our society?

The good:
On the way to do errands in an area by the city park and ball diamonds Dante plays at we were slowed down by a beautiful deer walking across the road. Of course I slowed down, to show the kids and in case any other deer were behind this doe. And shortly after a small spotted fawn walks across the road. This was a sight. Poor "bambi" could not see Momma. We rolled down our windows as Momma glared at us. We were able to sit there several minutes as she called her baby. Once they reconnected they even stood there a minute or so to look at us, then something else spooked them and off into the little bit of trees there were near by. But guess what I did not have. MY CAMERA! Don't leave home without it! I was mad at myself for running out the door and leaving it behind because I was in too much a hurry to change the dead batteries.

I spent the afternoon finishing up the quilt fabrics and well wishes. I am very excited to have these sent out. I am even sending some to Australia, Canada, and Norway!

The Bad:
Poison Ivy.....Out of control to the point where it was time to seek medical attention. I was not thinking of the "mark of the beast day", just that the ER intermediate area is quick and painless and would be better then dragging all the kids the next day. Dante (cootie boy) and I head there as the rest of the family sleep.
It was a rockin party , complaints, blood smeared faces, necks, families, wheel chairs.... I regretted this decision as we pulled up, but new spots were still appearing after several treatments and I was getting worried it was something else.
As we are in the waiting room I prayed. I prayed for the people around me, Dante, the hospital staff, my sleeping family. As Dante gets called back for vitals and intial exam, I joked to the guys about a full moon. He said "no full moon, 666". Chills ran through my body. I had heard about planning births around the date, but never imaged this. He also said it was the busiest it has ever been in some time. But the good male-nurse sends us to a seperate room with no TV (Cardinals were losing anyway), since this was a pretty quick peek and treat case. He said to avoid complaints of having us go back quickly we could hide out there and they would come get us. Angel! We moved to another waiting room after that and watched the news and David Letterman. We got our full of 666 jokes and opinions. I still continued to pray for the people, the staff, and even threw in a few "Satan you can not effect our lives." I was still not a big believer of the omen day, but Satan was getting into a lot of lives this night, I could see that by just looking around.
Great nurse, great doctor. Gave him a good look. Surprised it was so much and all over but deteremined it still to be "contact dermtitis". He prescribed some steriods (so now he'll hit a lot of home runs, so he thinks) and we were driving home 3 hours later, shortly after midnight. The whole ER was quieting down as we left.
So I am learning more about prayer and practiced it last night. I know my whole experience there was positive because of this.
A year ago, two, I would have felt uncomfortable about what people thought of me if I had said this out loud, so I did not do it. I realize now my faith and prayers are what get me through the day. It brings me joy and makes me appreciate LIFE!
This does not change the fact that I still want to see the new "Omen" movie about Damien. I really like Julia Stiles and Liev Schreiber (who was in KATE AND LEOPOLD). I am a 70's and 80's horror film junkie. I loved the stuff and haven't watched much of that in years. (impressionable kids and horror films, not a good match). That does not make me any less a Believer, just a crazy horror film junkie seeking entertianment.
Knowing the story of "the Omen", I am sure that our hospital trip was much better then this one from the movie!

Check out Kate's Quilt. I will be updating this site often with the new fabrics and well wishes. Thanks to all who have sent them, I am loving it!

1 Comments:

At 8:06 PM, Blogger Polar Bear said...

What an experience! Glad Dante got some meds, I sure hope he is better soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home