Saturday, May 20, 2006

Dante is a fourth grader now!

Last day of school..aka Track and Field Day. The morning is spent having fun races of all kinds among all the kids! The afternoon was broken up into stations.


In the gym there were 2 huge rent a jumers, bead necklaces, and tatoos.









The cafeteria had snowcone(cups) and hairspray dye.












This is what Dante was most excited about. He looked cool in his purple and red stripes!








Outside was free time for kickball and other activites.
HE LOVES KICKBALL! There was also an area for bubbles (3rd graders?) and ring toss games.

At first I thought he was old enough to not want me around and told him I probably won't be going. His eyes swelled up with tears at this. I guess I was wrong, and now I have hurt his feelings. Change of plans...what do you want me there for? HAIRSPRAY. So Stone, Lucy and I visited for about an hour to get some good pictures and excerise for me (chasing them both is always fun!). But DANTE smiled and was happy to have us! He even told me I could leave now since I was having to chase "the kids". GOD blessed me with this child and I am forever thankful!

So next year brings a new year, a new school (private Christian school), and more adventures as I try to grasp the youth from him as it slips through my fingers. I just hope this gets easier with each child...but something tells me not!

He also brought all his grades up to straight A's (He had two B's last semster) and has good marks for neatness and speaking out in class (which both always needed improvement). To celebrate he wanted homemade tacos, Bart's specialty. Smarty-pants got brave a few weeks ago and asked for $5 for every A. Bart is not into that kind of bribe...neither am I. And how rude to ask us to reward you for something you should be doing and know darn well you can, too! Bart shot back to him, that he pays us $5 for any grade less then an A, to see how it feels. He wasn't too happy about that and I am sure he will think twice before trying to "make a deal" with us again.

WALKING TO CHINA UPDATE

2 Comments:

At 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

gramma and bumpa would pay for A's but i know we are not allowed. Congratulations, Dante.. Purple hair? my favorite color..... love ya all

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Tina said...

Tell Dante congrats on the A's. Even if mom and dad don't pay for A's, I know movie rental places up here do (free kids movie for each A). He should maybe check it out! Either way, keep up the great work all of you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home