Friday, May 12, 2006

Play-day 2006

The rain finally went away and we had PLAY-DAY!!!! It was cancled Wed. due to rain....and thus ruining all MY plans to do nursery for the group on Thurs. I felt terrible having to call and cancel. Miss the last day there or Stone's play-day? No way could I miss MY SON'S playday. I hope they understand. Goes to show I should not try to live off my plans and follow the plans HE has for me.
I was so thankful that it was not raining, though. This was our last chance to have play-day at the park. I did not say dry..just no rain.
Lucy and I got there before the kids, so we helped with prep work for the bubbles.....Check it out, 2 swimming pools FULL of watered down dishwashing soap (I was told it was Dawn) and a couple added bubble soap bottles. Here is Stone and one of his friends getting into the soapy fun of things. Most kids where either covered in slime or sitting on the bench....not wanting to touch the slime. Even though it looks like he is getting ready to plunge in, he did not. In fact I think the morning passed without any bubble bathers.

Bubble making toys were creative. The fishing net Stone has was the BEST one! It made huge bubbles! There were also spatula's with holes and all the traditional bubble wands.

We started the day with races. The kids first did a relay race. Ms. Karen set them up...explained one at a time as I headed to the turn around point to help guide them back. She said go and 20 kids came running full force at me in the wet grass!!!! There was not a single one left to run the second leg of the race. The second try went much better...even though she had to grab Stone, who tried to run out of turn when she said go! We skipped, galloped, walked backwards, and even did the buddy race (where you run with elbows entwined with your buddy). Stone and his "twin" friend with glasses only fell once and got back up to finish. There were no losers only winners!


We also played in safety city. The school brought ride toys of all types and sizes, and a couple lawn mowers too! This area is set up like a city with streets, (lines and all) stop signs, some play houses... This was a good time had by all. Lucy even got to ride the "Fred Flinstone" cop car. And no one crashed!

The playground was our last stop before snack. Four kids went down the slide together right of the bat. Ms. Karen set safety rules after that. Earlier I had worked to get some wood chips moved over the puddles under the slide. I did this before the kids came as 10 parents look on at me. I don't know if they thougth I was crazy....but it worked and the kids kept from getting wet up to their ankles. I am a pro-active parent this way.


Snack time= Burger King kid's meals with Juice. Stone loved the juice. Stone also shared with his sister. I knew this would be an issue....Lucy did not send her $3 to school for a kid's meal. Just like her too! Karen offered (if there were extra) but I declined. We shared just fine!







Check out this picture to show how muddy and wet the park was. Lucy's white shoes (what was I thinking? Oh, yeah, they were already ruined from the green circles she colored on them last week.) are now brown and the bottom inch of her pants match the shoes. The pants are in the washer now. Maybe I can get an after picture later.







I was able to help with the whole day! MY FAVORITE THING IN THE WORLD! I get sad when I think that the year is over. Like, tears rolling down my face right now, SAD! These kids changed Stone's life, my life, our family's life. They are so heartwarming. They can be so simple, and yet complex in everything they do. You might not understand that....but it the best way to describe them. I don't know if I could do what Ms. Karen and Ms. Mary Ann (who was not able to be at play-day) do on a daily basis. I don't think I would ever know until I try. (Not that I am on that road!) I will worry about what I am going to do when i grow up......when my kids grow up!

2 Comments:

At 7:56 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

I am trying this out....I have comments and none are showing up....so working on fixing this. I didn't even know! Thanks everyone. I love comments. I was sad before!

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger Polar Bear said...

What a fun day!!! I know what you mean about the kids being so simple, yet so complex. It is one of the great things about kids, I think.

I'm glad you had such a wonderful day!

Stacy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home