Monday, October 09, 2006

While waiting for Kate and the Cardinals...A tale of China


Waiting for the Cardinals to kick some Padre butt I came across an awesome documentary on China. It was relatively new too. In fact I kept watching it instead of the first few innings of the cardinals...Crazy, I know!
It is a must have/must see for those in our world of adoption from China...fellow waiting families, families who have been there to bring home their child(ren), family, and friends. It did not focus on adoption at all but more about the pride the Chinese men and expecially women have of their country. It talked of changes and time held traditions. It was enlightening and the little gymnast stole Dante and I's heart. To think the possibility of me seeing her actually perform in Beijing...(if she made the Chinese Olympic team) isn't out of the question. The 2008 Olympics will take place in Beijing and with wait times increasing....

I also found this site that is about CHINA. Kate is getting closer and closer. One day at a time!

We (the whole family) has taken to the Mongolian grill in town. 2 times in one week....Odd for us to eat out at all let alone 2 times. We even gave the chopsticks a whirl. I am getting pretty good and was confident to use them in public. Dante tries and is improving. Bart started his meal with them and once I was finally able to get my plate, he switched to the fork and upon my return was back using chopsticks. Isn't he tricky? He can use them pretty well, but you just can't get as much food with two sticks.

1 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Blogger Polar Bear said...

Ryan and I watched this program this afternoon. It was wonderful. I am so glad he TiVo'd it I want to watch it again.

Mongolian grill sounds good. I am not very good at chopsticks. I guess I should practice some. :)

Did you like the Mongolian throat singers on that show? I think I am going to look to see if they have a CD. I thought the sound was amazing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home