Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Taken from Dawn's Blog....

Question and Answers.......Join in On The Fun!!!

*Your child's Chinese name (assuming s/he has or will have one)...are you a) using it as a middle name, b) using it as a first name or c) not using it at all? Why?

We would like to use the name and will see where when we find out what it is.


*Red threads - yes or no? Discuss.

I like to see connections, but ultimately thank God for this journey.

*What are you most looking forward to experiencing with your child/ what do you most enjoy doing with your child?

I can’t wait to have cake with all my kids, together! (On going joke. The kids call Kate, cake. We going to China to get CAKE.)

*Have you been reading a lot of adoption books? Any recommendations?

A few here and there. I really liked “A daughter from A Far”

*What will/do you miss most about your life pre-parenthood?

Did I really have a life before parenthood?

*Have you started your nursery, or are you waiting until the time gets closer?

I have the bedding and some other touches and really cool letters that spell KATE from my awesome secret pal. I will wait until we get closer to referral to set up her room or rearrange to have Lucy share.

*Lifebook - excited to start or terrified of screwing it up? Top tip?

Haven’t thought to much about it yet. I will collect and hold on to as much of her life in China and home with us…It just might be awhile before I piece it altogether in a book.

*What hobby do you secretly hope your child will take up and love?

As long as it doesn’t cost a fortune I’ll love it!


*Co-sleeping - "well of course" or "maybe but I just don't see any of us would sleep"?

Of course…they are only little for a short time.

*If you'd had sole choice of your child's name (assuming you didn't), would it have been different? Wanna tell us what?

Kate is great…….My husband liked Katherine and well, I think he is great too!

*Is your family and friends really supportive of your decision to adopt?

Yes, It was a hard thing for me at first to open up, I was afraid of the mean people….I was nuts! Everyone has been so great! Kate has a huge network of family and friends waiting to see her.

*What is your biggest fear while in China?

Bart gets sick.

*In the movie of your life, who plays you?

Child me….Jennifer Sievers (Alex's and Malorie's sister from that one 80's show....what is the name of that show?)

Young adult…Kirsten Dunst

Adult….Meg Ryan

Older me….Kathy Bates

*Sleeping. Light on, light off?

Lights are kept on for the kids.

*China - experiment with food or not?

Not sure yet. I am sure a little taste of things here and there.

*Are you planning on learning some Chinese?

I would love to learn some and will try to learn phrases and key words.

*Will this be your only adoption?

Let me get through this one!

*To bow or not to bow? that is the question.

Bow to who and when?

*What about the 100 wishes quilt? Absolutely, or no way just isn't possible.

Yes!!! I need my family and friends to get on the ball here. I will start working on this soon! I have no idea how many I have and are thankful for all the swaps and great fabric and well wishes I have!

*Favorite vacation destination?

Paris

*What TV show are you most looking forward to starting this fall?

Sesame Street really doesn’t count here!

*Patient? Not Patient?

Depends on what I am waiting for. God has helped me deal with this as I am more of a non-patient person learning about HIS timing and HIS plan! Good thing I have HIM on my side!

*Favorite sport to watch?

What ever sport Dante is playing….right now football!

*Chocolate or Vanilla?

Vanilla some does, Chocolate others!

*What's your favorite China adoption blog?

I have a list of about 7 I read….when I get a chance!

*Finally what is your guess for how far they will get with referrals this month?

I hate guessing. REALLY don’t like to think about referrals until they come. I feel better just to wait and see. Only about a week until the new referrals come….We’ll see then!

1 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, Blogger Lisa F (NJ) said...

Jenn,

Funny questions, Great answers!!! I haven't seen these before and I loved them. My favorite was the Lifebook question.....Started yet or afraid of screwing it up!!!!! I have such trouble starting anything because of my desire to have it be perfect. (I'm working on this!)

Lisa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home