Saturday, September 23, 2006

Water, water, water

Water damage X 3.

At Mickey D's they remodeled and added a waterfall wall thing. It is right before you walk into the playland. SMART! So sure, Stone has to stick his fingers on it, and then Lucy. A little water is okay. I am ordering...he does it again, because it tickles. I told him "DO NOT PUT YOUR FINGERS IN THE WATER". He listened....and touched his (well really Dante's) gameboy to the tickling waterfall! BUT not his finger.
Great...the almight gameboy...his security blanket....my saving grace of Stone's wrath.
DEAD!

We get home and I throw in a load of laundry, including the jeans I have on...which are too big (he he) and realize a minute later....I had a game, "birds" (he has names for all of them. It is get really tricky trying to learn them all.) in my back pocket. I pull it of my pocket of the jeans... SOKEN WET!

Next morning I wake up and get some coffee. As I look outside, I notice Stone's clear plastic bag (which holds all his games) on the back deck. And I bet you can guess what it did the night before...
STORMED!

Water X 3 and the best part of it....2 days later all is well. The gameboy needed a timeout, then a charge. The games sat out to dry and now work like a charm. God was watching over the games, giving us a good reminder of responsibility. But also a gift of forgiveness, knowing how IMPORTANT it is for sanity sake at the ONE house!

The adventures really never stop....even though it seems the computer is winning and not allowing me to post each and every one. A trip to the fair with Stone's class (Super!), football, and alert class for Dante, Lucy's trip to the carpet store, and Stone's accidents on the tricycle at school...just another day at the ONE house. I will keep trying but, I am weak and the computer is so strong.

3 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, Blogger Polar Bear said...

I'm glad the GameBoy was saved. Never a dull moment by is, is it?

 
At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank God the gameboy is ok. How will he sing (hum) his songs without it? How did the Dolphins and number 11 (the Big D) do? Love ya all. Mom

 
At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ppor little gameboy, what a traumatic day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home