Thursday, July 06, 2006

My Dad's version....

I started something with my memories that led to a really neat message from my DAD.

I always love hearing about the good old days from my parents or grandparents. This struck a cord with me and I knew I had to include it.....

I sure am glad to at least be a child of the late 60's....
when THE WHO, HENDRIX, JANIS, AND THE STONES were cool.
Woodstock and "in-a-gadda-da vida" albums were a must.
When summers were hot and winters were cold and we could skate with shoes on the brick street in front of the house that never melted.
Walking, yes walking to the rod and gun (this is a camp site outside the City limits, about 5 miles from my Dad's house growing up.)and sneaking in.
When fall smelled like burning leaves and football and spring smelled like rain and basesball. When we all had long hair, sideburns, peace symbol necklaces, and tie-dye shirts.
Boones Farm wine and right time malt apple and cherry were the party drinks.
If you remember "right time" you obviously were a drunk or a kid that had no money as that was our case.
Of course that all ended with THE NIGHT CHICAGO DIED and disco!
I am proud Steve Dahl had a disco sucks night at Comiskey park and blew up and burned those awful records.
We all wanted to escape and didn't realize what a great time and place we grew up in and like they say there are a million memories and stories but I Let Greg (Dad's buddy growing up from little to High School and still now!) tell them because they get bigger and better every year.
Fuzzy (My Dad's nickname....wonder why....yup!)to my friends!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home