Monday, February 06, 2006

Busy, busy, busy..




It sure has been an exciting few days!

Dante's basketball game was intense. There were only 6 team members there for half the game and then there were 5. They played a great game. Neck and neck. It was a trip watching one of his team mates put up a half court shot with over 45 seconds left, just to tie up the game. Unfortunately, the shot did not add any points to our score board, but the many different sounds from the crowd was priceless.










My groundhog saw his shadow as well. He is light sensitive, as you can see. Really this is his, CHEEEESSSEE, picture. The hat he made in school. Which is going better! No poor choice chair for a week now! He stopped telling his teacher NO at clean up time and now is a clean up Helper. I am amazed at the words I use to accomidate to my children's sensitive natures. Poor choice chair, clean up time, helper ????
I sure didn't hear these words growing up. It was more like pick it up NOW or else .... and most of the time, I knew better.










Check out what we look like on bath day. Bart wants everyone to know he is wearing another man's clothes. He seems to be proud of that! This picture has been voted to be entered as a China picture. We have to send 6, of "family life". For me that is not too much of a problem, I think I have them narrowed down to 25 or so now, and with time dragging I keep taking more to add. Once I decide I will include them here.


I have been busy lately with loads of writing and paperwork. I found 5 grants that we are applying for to help with the cost of adoption. I had no idea I would be so consumed. I also have been getting the house in order. The boys are bunking again, so we have a spare room for Bart's Mom to visit us. And Lucy is bottle free!!!!! This is still not fun. Bart asked me this morning if it was normal for a child to wake up screaming everytime. (For her lately 5-6 times a night) It all depends on her dreams, once it was for Daddy and Stone. Then it was for a strawberry poptart and her teddy bear. But each night gets a little easier! I was proud of me. The first night I was calm, and soothing, and reassuring her. All was well, until she bit me. HARD. I said a naughty word.... then went back to being nice again. I was not so nice the next day as I was a little sleep deprived, but I did not bite anyone. Bart came close though!!

So despite forgetting to pick up Dante at school and leaving my wallet in Bart's computer bag (Wal-mart did not find it funny), I have all things under control!

2 Comments:

At 11:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenn... you are the best. I can so relate to you. I love hearing about you and your life. I am looking forward to seeing you tomorrow and truly smiled reading every word you added since the Vegas story or I should say Vegas picture. Love you,
Kathy

 
At 11:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS I love all the pictures. Your family picture is awesome!
Love,
Grandma,
Kathy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home