Friday, January 27, 2006

Conservation Center trip



Stone, Lucy and I met our friend Dr. Bev at the new Conservation Center yesterday. It was very neat! Stone loved to push all the buttons and Lucy followed Stone around. Stone crawled through the beaver damn (great way to loose him) and Lucy was captain of the boat.

Stone almost had a potty crisis. I found him in "pooping position" (on his hands and knees) It is the facial expression that clenches the moment. It always sends me into a complete panic. We ran to the bathroom, and made a successful mission. I know most of you think, big deal, but for me it was HUGE!!! No going home early, or cleaning up a mess in a public restroom for the thousands time and he did not scream about yuckies in his pants!

We saw birds, fish, a really scarey horny turtle with his mouth wide open. Stone called it a dragon. Dr. Bev executed the turkey call thing like a pro. I bet Dave had something to do with that! And it all ended at the beginning with the Conservation Theatre. Stone was insisting we stay until the movie was over. He is all about completion. Once he wanted to start the movie over the patience was over too! We left looking for a gameboy and french fries, which we found both!

A good time was had by all and we just missed a bus of 60 kids. As we were walking in they were walking out. God loves me and was watching over Stone and Lucy. Because I am sure they both would have ended up on the bus. Oh, but I am sure they would have found me to take them back afte just a short while!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home