Sunday, January 21, 2007

Tell me what don't you like about yourself? (a Nip-Tick reference)

When I had kids, there was no warning label, no "may cause drowiness", or any such thing. There certainly was no warning about the harm some toys and casual play can have on parents.
The weapon/enemy I speak of here is the little blue and yellow chair shown.













It belongs on the little rockin' piano that I was trying to store in a basket above my head....when out of no-where it fell (the little blue and yellow chair) and landed on my check bone.

I held my breath and tried forcing myself not to cry, when I could hold it no longer. I cried over pain for the first time in ....I can't remember. I instantly thought plastic surgery (nip-tuck reference). Lucy ran to tell Stone that Mommy was hurt and then I had two children to also calm down, besides myself.





2 days later......a pretty mustard colored with some hints of blue show up.
Vanity is something mom's just can't hold on to.

And just last night as the bruise is becoming less noticable, I race Stone downstairs. I jumped the last 3 stairs only to litterally knock me down , I think out for a few seconds. Something I have not done here at the one house. This time 3 kids hovering, yelling, touching, pulling, pushing me. Overcoming them as I tried to regain composure and focus myself. The ceiling has a soffit area lower right at the bottom where it met up with the top of my head. The lump it produced....wow!
The last time I hit my head that hard was a homecoming powder-puff football game. I came away with a few stitches on that one.

I figure this is a bad luck streak...maybe a warning in itself. I am scared to leave the house, walk across the street, use a power chain saw....

2 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, Blogger Ron said...

Wow, that had to hurt!!

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Polar Bear said...

OUCH!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home