Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Happy Birthday to Dante!

Double Digits. My Dante hit Double digits on Sat!!!
10!!!!!! 1!!!!! 0!!!!!!
He had a super birthday with 3 cakes (homemade by Mom), a sleep-over, 2 basketball games, $90 heeley's (shoes with wheels on the heels that come on and off), ESPN game, a movie date night with Doug and Sarah, steak and potatoes (homemade by MOM), Mongolian grill, PS 2 games, and well....isn't that enough? It was 3 days of celebrating and then luckily a Monday off of school to recoup! Which we spent watching 3 Harry Potters. The day was not long enough for our Marathon...to be cont. tonight with #4!








Luckily the 3 cakes came in handy as you might know....when one of the kids has a birthday, they all seem to think they have one too!
Dante again, shared his candles graciously!

The Timberwolves lost one and won one. Both games were pretty close! This year is HUGE with 4th and 5th playing together. 2 divisions and over 11 teams! I am impressed with what a year can do. Dante is driving the ball to the hoop. Yes, indeed he is! He will gain the strength and power to get it up and in eventually. It is the courage to do it now at his age that I respect and am very proud of! He dripples the ball. I was always scared to death to let the ball drop to the ground. He is an amazing young man. He is a joy. He is well mannered, smart, athletic and now he is 10. I have already embarressed him with my mouth on the basketball court (and believe me he would have laughed about it last year...maybe even last week). He has already given me "the look" and turned away while I was talking. All on this 10th birthday. Oh, how my heart breaks that he is growing up but at the same time, I can't wait to see what he impresses me with next! And I thought I made it through this birthday without a tear.

3 Comments:

At 2:49 PM, Blogger Ron said...

Happy Birthday to Dante!! I will bet any money that the football cake is delicious, but I wouldn't know...

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Valeri said...

Happy Birthday, Dante!!! Double digits now!!! Hope all of your birthdays are just as awesome!

 
At 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dante, sure hope you had a great birthday. Keep up the good work at basketball.. Love you, gramma and bumpa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home