Monday, January 08, 2007

Stop what your doing and go to the fabric store!

I am going to pull out the quilt squares....TRY to update them and get them counted and together.

For those of you who have already contributed, THANKS.

I have many family and friends yet to tackle and force them to the fabric store.
So watch your back!

Here are the guidelines....They are sort-of like the Pirates' code....Keep to the code.
HA! Just kidding. Make it close and I will be thrilled, KATE will be thrilled.
I just really need fabric and a note with your wish to Kate...I will do the rest!

1. Choose any 100% cotton fabric that you like.
It can be a from a piece of clothing or the fabric store.

2. Please wash and iron your fabric.
(Just get me your fabric.....I will take care of this! Just make a note if you did not didn't!)
This is important so it doesn't shrink after I wash it!

3. Cut one piece into a 8 or 9 -inch square.
Cut another piece, smaller, about 2"x2". This is for the memory book
(Really any scrap piece will do) OR......
........Just get me your fabric. One big piece and I will cut it for both the quilt and card!


4. On one side of a card (a 4x6 index card or something similar) write out your wish along with your name. You can also put why you chose the fabric you did. Only use one side of the card, and glue the smaller piece of fabric on the same side of the card you wrote on. (I can do this too!) The square is for the quilt.

If there are several members of your family, feel free to send a favorite piece of fabric and a wish each. One wish a few fabrics is fine. A few wishes one fabric, okay too! Anything!

I will take the cards and place them either in a decorated index file or a memory book for her to read when she is older. She will be able to look at the cloth and read the wish on the index card--then find it on her quilt!

News on the adoption front:
SLOW. I had a dream last night that I met a gentleman in a store with his new daughter from CHINA and all I could do was cry. The kind of silent cry when tears just fall (big tears). My outer me says, no big deal on this extended wait...all in good time. My subconcious says something else, I guess.

Realisticly, it may be a year yet, maybe longer. Our greatest hope would be a referral this fall, and only time can give us this answer. Each month we get (a little) closer. They (China) will start referrals for Oct. 2005 LID's in Jan. and we are April 12, 2006. 7 months difference. The China people are taking 2 months to get through one month. (2.3 months to be exact) The math~ 7 x 2.3 = 14... Yes 16.1 months. (If it stays this way, we see the Olympics in Beijing.)

As I said, the awake me, thinks I can handle this. I might sing a different tune after I pack all Kate's things for storage today, as we tidy up the ONE house to sell it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home