Thursday, October 26, 2006

Fall party (missed), cell phones, cookies, Cardinals (Jeff Suppan), and rain


Would you like to see how much fun Stone had at his Fall party? So would I! My job as a Mom...not so great! I did NOT write down the date for his fall party on the calendar and missed it. I thought it was next week. I LOVE these parties. I don't miss these parties, but I did. I found out when picking him up from school on Wed. when his teacher asked if we were okay, since we missed. I was not just sad, I was devistated. I really truely felt my whole body heavy with sorrow and held back tears. He went on and on and even had to call his Daddy (who could not answer), so we tried Grandma...

I call the programmed MOM in my phone, being my MOM....grandma Sandy so he can tell her. Someone answers and he gives details of the pumpkin game, treat or treating, the chocolate cake with orange and yellow sprinkles,and more... about a 5 minute rendition of his fabulous day! The lady on the phone, I could hear talking back with enthusiam, but I could tell it was not my Mom. I finally get the phone and she says..."He sure was excited. Sounds like you all are doing good." Then, " I am heading into a dead spot". I thought it was a friend of my Mom's but when calling my Mom back to see if she was okay....nope. And my phone said MOM. It made a real funny buzz noise when I hung up, so I can only assume signals crossed or something.

Not only did I miss the party, but some stranger (nice though) lady got to hear about it first hand. He is only going to tell a story once with that much detail and excitement!

I made homemade cookies out of guilt. He loves cookies with chocolate.

Rain, rain, rain...holding up not only my new home construction but game 4 which really adds to my mood of being a bad Mom. If and I say IF we have to play a game 7 Suppan can't throw because we lost an off day to the rain yesterday. Suppan is my favorite for many reasons. He came in as just a picher, and Duncan waved his coaching wand over him and made him an incredible pitcher. His talent has grown with control and a variety of pitches. I respect and admire how he prepares for games and lives for each moment. He gives great interviews, always passing compliments and credits to other players! He also is a strong Christian. Bet not many of you knew that. In fact I caught him on one of our local...(usually nutty channels) talking about how he uses his faith on the field. It was a great interview. He talked of how it is not commonly spoken amongst the guys, but still plays a central role in the grand scheme of things. He not only has grace but talent! Besides,I love his smile, along with Jimmy and Yadi of course!

Rain is still falling today.... Has anyone ever seen Bill Murray in "Ground Hog's Day"?

2 Comments:

At 12:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet that nice lady enjoyed every word Stone had to say. Sounds like the party was wonderful. Seem we all missed a great time. Love to all!

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Valeri said...

Sorry.....but not a big Suppan fan here. When he played for the Pittsburgh Pirates a few years ago he wasn't a very nice person to the fans.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home