Thursday, January 12, 2006

A new look for the basement




Bart's basement project has been going full speed. He has been on the job, everynight afterwork and every available weekend. He breaks for dinner (15 minutes). The dedication shows. He started with an empty basement and now has plumbing, wiring, cable and framed walls. Soon we will be the proud owners of a FINISHED 2 bedroom, livingroom, full bath, bonus room, utility/storage room basement. "The drywall sucks", quoted straight from my husband. He is not looking forward to the long boring process of mudding and taping. It is however, almost done, except for finishing up. ( A favorite of my father-in-laws!)

I guarentee the Natural Light stays in the wall! For some reason he assures me every house has at least one. I am not so sure, but for such hard work, he could leave a whole case, for all I care!

Also check out the toilet in Dante's future room. He is scared it will stay there! We tried to tell him of the conviences in the middle of the night, but he still wants it removed. Reminds me of a jail cell.

I especially like the half walls. When he (Bart) was able to get a night of help, (thank you Paul Douglas) he choose to hang the top first, since it is so heavy and he can't possibly do that alone.

So, once finished, there is plenty of room for all to come for a short visit.

Keep Bart in your prayers as he continues to work with hot wires, power tools, and sharp objects. Did I mention he did this all with the help of books and not much prior knowledge?
Add a prayer for me as I am upstairs with the kids listening to the banging!

God is Good!

1 Comments:

At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bart I saw you didn't have any commments and I didn't want you to feel left out. What are you doing drinking Nat lite anyway. It deserves to stay in the wall. That's almost as bad as being a cardinals fan. The basement is looking good, keep the pictures coming.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home